Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So what am I going to write about? How about the common and the vulgar, and did I mention common?



As pilots we never talk about pooping, but it still actually happens, so let's open a dialogue:

It is acceptable to be late for a flight due to intestinal concerns.

If you are about to board an aircraft and your bowels clench, then you are supposed to disembark and deal with the problem before starting a flight.

It is perfectly acceptable to divert a flight for a bathroom break. It's better than exploding, then crashing at your destination.


That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many pilots have had bowel problems or haemorroid problems due to strain of one sort or another? I bet the industry is over represented in the stats for the age group.What suggestions can pilots make to save their butts?KM

James said...

I'm positive that spending a year doing Medevacs completely screwed up my system. I'm now very limited with what I can eat (no dairy, eggs, grease and very little red meat). That's one of the reasons I decided to head back to school.