Last night was nice; Lisa and I went to her friends house, then we all went to a local pub / lounge for the countdown. I closed my eyes so Lisa was the last thing I saw in 2006 and the first thing I saw in 2007.
Sully's 2007 Resolutions:
1. Do some volunteer work that helps people - I have been really lucky and it's time to start helping out people who haven't had the same good fortune.
2. No french fries or breading - I want to live to 100, or at least not spend the last 20 years of my life as an obese invalid.
3. Alcohol no more than one night a week - See #2, above
4. Invest some money - For the past 15 years I have been used to living paycheque to paycheque and it's time I updated my mindset
5. Get a pet - I want a cat so bad I feel like I miss my cat even though I don't have one, if that makes any sense.
6. Take a course in something that interests me - "use it or lose it" applies to brains as well as muscles. Maybe the history of Gothic music or a cooking class or maybe a drama class.
7. Add something to my aviation license - whether it's an instructor rating or a new type rating, I want to keep building my qualifications. I'm taking the Transport Canada Approved Company Check Pilot course in February which is a start. After I finish that class I'll be able to do PPC checkrides on company pilots, which sounds pretty interesting. But the ACP course is only the beginning; one of my flight instructors at Selkirk College had 75 type ratings and I want to beat that number.
2006 was pretty freakin' awesome, so I'm looking forward to 2007.
Haunting flying story coming right up...