Monday, October 02, 2006



That's RWK, yet another MU-2 I flew. In this pic, it's on final approach into Ottawa airport during a perfect afternoon.

During my final 8 months at Thunder Airlines, I was assigned a to fly at a small base with only 2 other pilots, both Captains, and both women.

2/3 of our medics were also female, so I routinely did months and months of flying as the only representative of the Y chromosome.

Boy, do I ever have some stories to tell about flying with all women. I'm sure you can imagine, right? I mean, you know what they say about women pilots...

Oh wait, I don't have a single story that specifically relates to flying with women. It was no different from flying with men. Sorry to disappoint, but my experience has been that flying ability is completely unrelated to what bathroom a person uses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool . That's my boy!!I love you!KM

Anonymous said...

Err, don't you mean the Y chromosome?

Anonymous said...

No difference at all? Really? Because I find working with women to be a lot different than working with men, at least in software and R&D. Maybe flying is different.

-C.

Anonymous said...

I think I love you.

/Swedish Aviatrix (as featured in Aviatrix's blog)