Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I hopped over to the big city yesterday and walked all over the place. The weather here is unseasonably great, and I am enjoying every minute of it.

I commuted to the big city via a Turbo Otter on floats, and the Captain was kind enough to let me sit in the right seat for one of the legs. It seems to be a pretty cool job - the Captains are home every night, and have weekends off. Most of the Captains are middle-aged guys, and there is very little movement. That also tells me it's a good gig, as nobody seems to want to leave it. Here's footage of the takeoff and landing, courtesy of my crappy little digital camera. I really have to get a good video camera; I saw a nice HD one at Future Shop in Toronto last week, so maybe I'll splurge in a month or two.




The refresh rate of the camera makes the prop appear to do funky things.

We got to buzz a passenger/car ferry on takeoff:
THE SOUND IS HORRIBLY STATICKY SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL TURN YOUR SOUND OFF




Landing in the downtown harbour:
THE SOUND IS HORRIBLY STATICKY SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL TURN YOUR SOUND OFF



This is a lighthouse we passed by on our way into town. I wonder if they get isolation pay.



The scenery from 500' is truly spectacular. My camera doesn't do it justice at all.



Getting closer to the city now.






Walking along the shoreline on Sunday I took a few pics:



At the park we were at, lots of people were flying kites.



I was pretty fascinated by this one kite, shaped like a biplane:
The sound is decent on this one.

No comments: