Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm having a lazy weekend, so it's video time in between 'real' posts :)

This is one I haven't seen before; the ending isn't as bad as you'd initially assume, but it's bad in a different way.




Here's a unique take on the soft field landing. I didn't know it was possible to tail-strike a 152, but I learn something new every day.




Here's another good one. I can't tell if the tail strikes or not.



This one reminds me of the Honduras ones I posted last week. In this case, it's Culebra, a small island off the east coast of Puerto Rico.



I found this interesting. It's a balked landing where the ac touches down during the go-around.



One final one, a landing at Hong Kong's old Kai Tak airport that they salvage at the last second. Sort of. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

4 comments:

Pedro Rica said...

omfg! the one that impressed me most was the 3rd one, which is in Lisbon, Portugal where I live :D that was nasty nasty landing!

Anonymous said...

The Tunisian airliner one was probably done one of the new 250 hours pilots !!!

When are you going to write about the move to Goderich Sulako ??!! we have been waiting for a while now.;)

Niss Feiner said...

IIRC the first one is how they normally do a short field landing on the C130 by Diving in then flaring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1o5qSVvwXw

Hmm maybe Ill give it a shot in the cherokee? LoL!

You did leave us with alot of cliff hangers sully! What of the move and what of the Stalker?

Chris Nielsen said...

Touches down during the go-around is a bit of an understatement! :-)