Thursday, July 05, 2007



This is my all-time favorite ride report. Click on it to make it bigger.

I was going through my training files here, and I came upon an old copy of a PPC renewal ride I did, back when I flew a B-58 Baron for Western Air in Goderich.

Wanna know why?

Well, check out the only thing I got less than perfect on. It's item 7B, Crew Co-ordination. The comment on my ride report says "Needed to delegate more work (checklists, etc) to F/O". That means as a Captain, I should have involved the First Officer more during my ride, and delegated more tasks to the First Officer during emergencies rather than trying to do it all on my own.

The thing is, this was a single-pilot ride and I was the only crew member.

It even says in the comments section "Single-pilot authority demonstrated and approved". Incongruous much?

I didn't get a copy of the ride report that day, otherwise I would have asked my Transport Inspector for further clarification. I did have a good laugh when it showed up in the mail though :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I don't know that much about these things, but I know enough that I started LMAO after I clicked on the thumbnail.

I wonder just what the examiner was thinking...

Aluwings said...

Which raises the age-old question: "Who checks the checkers?" Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Whatever, you just wanted to show off all those 5s!
-C.