Thursday, August 09, 2007

For my birthday, Lisa took us to see "Evil Dead : The Musical". We got tickets in the 'Splatter Zone'. It did not disappoint. In fact, it was the best small-theater performance I have ever seen. The songs were great, the dialogue was truly hilarious, the actors were funny and raunchy raunchy, and the fake blood was copious.

We were offered plastic ponchos, but declined them.

We took these pics after we had towelled off our heads and faces. I had huge chunks of fake gore on my head, running into my eyes. It tasted like sugar.

At least we didn't get pulled over on the way home; that would have been exciting :)




An aviation-related post coming right up...

4 comments:

Aviatrix said...

I'm still scarred for life from accidentally watching a few minutes of an evil dead movie. But we've had this conversation. When I need to cut wood, I use an axe, just in case the chainsaw is possessed.

But I'm very glad you had such a great time at the musical.

James said...

I've booked my tickets for when I'm visiting TO. Although the splatter zone was sold out, and I don't think the gf and I are quite brave enough.

Havent' seen Evil Dead, although Army of Darkness is one of my all time favourites.

"Gimme some sugar, baby!"

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my non-aviation related posts get more comments and readers than the aviation ones.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you did not go too soon after Lisa's surgery. All that blood and gore are too real. By the way you are both looking very slender. Is that also an effect of seeing the show or is there another wedding garment bet underway?